Flying Eye Books and Nobrow Press are seeking a highly motivated Sales Administrator to join our busy London based office. We are a cutting edge independent publisher creating unique, high quality, award-winning books for adults and children, so this is a great opportunity to become part of our small, creative (and very busy) UK team.
If you have a friendly and professional attitude and some experience in a sales or sales support role this could be the position for you. This is an exciting and challenging role that will give you the opportunity to be part of a vibrant publishing house with big ambitions.
You will be required to assist us in reaching year-end sales targets through building relationships with new and existing customers and supporting our sales and marketing department. This is a fantastic full time position for someone who is passionate about publishing, with a confident telephone manner and an eye for detail.
Key responsibilities in brief will include:
• Preparing resources for UK sales conferences, domestic and international book fairs and events.
• Maintaining communications between design, editorial and marketing teams monitoring publishing and production schedules.
• Delivering account and sales updates to the team and communicating updates to our UK sales force
• Managing Nielsen data feeds.
• Reporting to the Head of Marketing regarding sales and working alongside the team to maximise sales, keeping accurate records and highlighting where variances occur.
• Seeking out new sales opportunities and building relationships with new and existing accounts.
• Maintaining stock levels at our warehouse and distribution centre across both and advising the directors on suggested re-prints
• Management of specialist accounts – Walker Australia
• Responding to customer enquiries regarding deliveries and invoicing.
• Distributing press copies, sales support materials and catalogues.
• Providing warehouses, printers and freighters with appropriate documentation to ensure timely stock deliveries for the UK and US offices.
• Supporting the marketing and PR team at events, fairs and conferences.
• Managing sales through our website.
• Collating press reviews
Experience / skills required:
• Similar experience in a sales role in publishing
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Self-motivated with a creative and proactive approach to selling and finding new customers
• Ideally you will already be confident using Nielsen, Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and have some experience with website OMS and CMS systems.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, CV and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sales Administrator” by the 9th October.
Employment type: Full time
Salary: Competitive, information on application
Location: Hackney London
Application Closing Date: 9/10/17
For further information, please email email@example.com