EDITOR – NOBROW / FLYING EYE BOOKS
Nobrow and Flying Eye Books need a meticulous and highly organised editor to work on our comics and graphic novels list. Working across both the Nobrow and Flying Eye Books list you will support our Senior Commissioning Editor on the copy-editing, proofreading and checking of all our comics and graphic novels. You will need excellent copy-editing skills and a genuine passion for comics with a thorough knowledge of the UK and US comic book market. This is a full-time position, based in our East London office.
- Working closely with the Senior Commissioning editor to ensure efficient progress of titles through to final files
- Desk editing front-list titles:
- Copy-editing, proofreading
- Briefing titles to production
- Liaising with freelancers and authors, and collating comments and corrections
- Checking illustrations against text and illustration positioning
- Checking layouts, proofs, revises, plotters and digital files
- Checking cover layouts and cover proofs, and ensuring that they are correct, contain up-to-date information and follow house style
- Ensuring that files go to production on schedule
- Attending progress meetings to ensure that all colleagues are properly informed of project status
- Taking selected titles through the reprint process, including taking in amends and ensuring that imprint information is up to date
- Providing editorial input on various marketing/publicity/rights materials to ensure that they meet editorial standards:
- Copy-editing, checking and correcting AIs and other promotional materials
- Copy-editing and checking catalogues, rights guides and press releases
- Monitoring circulation of marketing materials
- Completing administrative tasks
- Two years’ minimum experience in an editorial role.
- Excellent copy-editing, proofreading skills
- Organised, methodical and able to work well under pressure, anticipating and solving problems and managing multiple projects on own initiative and with strict deadlines
- Understands both colour and mono production processes, including experience of working on highly integrated titles, and with excellent understanding of typesetting and typography
- Good interpersonal skills
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter as well as salary expectations to [email protected].
The closing date for this role is 10.08.2018.